Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby steps here

I spent most of today trying to figure out a package for scarves that could be mailed. I make nice block printed bags for the scarves that I sell in person. Having a carry bag arrive in the mail did not make sense. The helpful person at my local PO says this will mail first class. Just the answer I was hoping for. On the drying rack, I have more scarf ingredients from the thrift store. One pair of green wool pants, and two silk skirts. All have been washed and cut apart. All the little boy school hours of this week are used up, but I will get to these. Baby steps here.

These little friends are completely protected from the snow outside, yet they do make spring seem possible. Yes?


-Polly

3 comments:

Meg said...

Lovely lovely photos!! What will you do with the fabric? Rag weaving? I can't wait to see the photos as I've been pushed by Lynne at http://thetwistedwarp.blogspot.com/ to consider trying something like that.

Meg said...

And I love the box. I thought of it, I have carry bags, but I've just bought printed boxes in bookshops and put my stickers and cards instead.

Food for thought.

Polly said...

Thanks Meg. I am planning to cut up the fabric and sew scarves together. It is the scarves that I have been making this way that has me reconsidering etsy. A lot less labor intensive than woven.