Monday, June 21, 2010

Gull Mural

On Friday I made a sea gull mural for the very nice mother of a very good friend. My camera finds red to be challenging, so these pictures are not very accurate, but the finished room looks great. While painting and visiting, I was able to meet a smart and protective new lady dog. When I arrived, the dog wanted to meet me and bite me, but I was shown how to endear myself to her. First I tossed some dog cookies into the crate where she was secured. Secondly, I hid while a game of fetch was started in the yard. I was then substituted into the game as the ball thrower. After the game, we got along nicely. We did find that the unexpected sound of me moving a stepladder would bring her running and barking, but she would see it was me and chose to let me paint without a bite. Also I had some tea. All on the last half day of the school year. -Polly

1 comment:

jamelle said...

Looks great! So glad you didn't get bitten!