Monday, October 12, 2009

RISD Alumni Fall Art Sale




On Saturday I attended the RISD Alumni Fall Art Sale. Just like the Spring sale, the tent was needed. It was a great day though. I sold a ton of scarves. Forty two scarves in fact! The sale date coincides conveniently with the alumni and parent weekend. One of my favorite things about this Fall event is talking to the parents of new students. Some are comfortable asking what it is like to live as an artist. Others, are not sure they want to ask, but the question is there on their faces. "Can you make a living doing this? Will my child end up selling wares on the street?" Fun! The other nice thing about Saturday was visiting with my lovely sister in law and her wonderful Beau. After visiting with me they helped break down and carry things away! The third wonderful thing about Saturday was that I sold a scarf to one of my all time favorite teachers. My elementary school art teacher who is also a RISD grad. Kind of a banner day. Now I have a great deal of work to do before the Holiday sale. - Polly

1 comment:

jamelle said...

great blog entry. Your talents lie well beyond the visual arts.