Friday, October 30, 2009

Dog Training

Our girl dog is settling in very well with us. In this picture she is standing steady waiting to be called over by Mr. Moss. One of the adults in our family knows a lot about dog training, and has been reading up on the subject. That person is not me, but when I was asked to help with a training session I agreed. My job would be to "hold the rope in the field". I prepared myself by donning a raincoat and the clogs that I wear most days. These being the wooden type of shoe that can sometimes pass as heels with the earthy set. When we arrived at the field, I learned that my job was indeed to hold the rope. I was to hold the rope while doing an experienced hunting dog impression running back and forth across the field and into the marsh. As commands were shouted out, I was to respond and help our dog learn to respond properly. One of us did very well. For our next training session I will try to be better prepared. I don't need to worry about wearing those unsuitable shoes though. My dog partner ate them this morning. -Polly

No comments: