Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving week


This week while having the flu I knit this red scarf for a pleased little boy. Also, I spent many many hours preparing for Thanksgiving. This blog likely is of no interest to others, but it has already served it's purpose for me. I have been looking more carefully at the activities that take up my weaving time. I can see that I am choosing to do many things the hard (frugal) way most of the time. It is a real choice, and I am happy to see that I am not just squandering my time. I think. The day before Thanksgiving, our resident yard squirrels decided that the time had come to sample pumpkin. The pumpkin had rested here undisturbed for at least a month.

Last year's Thanksgiving tablecloth (a thrift store sheet) was not large enough this year. It is now 11 napkins.

This year a larger sheet was required. I needed to test a sheet as a visual aid to figure this out.

The sheet then needed to be billowed and flapped vigorously.

No comments: