Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Metal Parts

Enough suspense already! Here is my mother's day present. A ring! I found this large metal ring in an old cellar hole. Part of it was buried in the ground, and held down by a tree root that had grown over it. We think it is a barrel stay. The inside is flat, the outside is somewhat rounded, and there are no holes in it. After it was rolled out of the deep woods for me, I set it up in a shady part of my garden. I am so pleased with it.


After the ring followed me home, but before it was installed, I found even more rusty metal parts. These leaf springs were under our garage for some time. Only when my mind was happily musing on the aesthetic qualities of discarded metal did they jump out at me as a perfect addition to a sunnier garden. -Polly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your garden is SOOO beautiful and inspiring.